Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Look at all the lovely seagulls...

o
Well, we've been in Brighton for nearly three weeks now, and so far, so good. I can't say it's perfect, England definitely has it's downsides, but for the most part, we're enjoying it here.

Probably the hardest part right now is that neither of us really have jobs yet. Rob has had some interest from one of the top salons, Rush; but he's still waiting for that crucial call back. If they do ask him back for the interview, he'll need to get a model and do some kick ass hair in front of the managers and owners. That would frighten me if I had to do it, so I'm glad it's him and not me!

I thought I had a job lined up, but again, I'm waiting for the call back. I got an interview with a recruitment agency called Office Angels yesterday. I did an hour of paperwork the night before to streamline my registration process, then the actual interview was nearly two and a half hours long! I had to go through an initial interview, a skills assessment, several personality tests, a few questionnaires, and then a final exit interview. That was just to get in with the agency. Then I had to do some more tests for the interview process in order to apply for a job at a bank called Lloyds. The position is for Telephone Banking Advisor, which quite excites me as it has nothing whatsoever to do with children. I passed part one of the four step interview on the computer; now I'm waiting for Office Angels to let me know if I passed step two. If so, I get a telephone interview with Lloyds, and if I am successful with that, I get a face to face interview.

We're on our way now to have coffee with a woman we met in Smithers at a rave nearly ten years ago. Bizarre.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously...how did I not know to read your blog?!?!

Congratulations on making the big move. Already sounds like a good place for the two of you.

I think both of you are FEARLESS! I could wish to have half the "balls" (teehee...I'm back in redneck BC so childish humour is doing it for me) you guys have.

Fingers crossed on the job front for you both.

Anonymous said...

good luck with lloyds! good luck to rob with rush! something will work out i'm sure....i have high hopes for you both, and i want you to have wicked jobs so you can host me in the lap of luxury when i can swing a flight there...hee hee

xo

natalia

Anonymous said...

Ohhh can't wait for Rob to have a job at a top salon, of course he will get it as he is the second coming of the hair god! I ca't wait to visit. Love to you both.

Wendy