Thursday, August 21, 2008


Wow, two posts in one week! Look out, I might make a habit of this blogging stuff!

I went back into the recruitment agency this afternoon for my telephone interview, and I can safely say I've never been so scared in my life. I was given a stack of information about Lloyds as well as a website before I had to call them (yes, I had to call them. Cheeky bastards). I was shaky and nervous and my hands were clammy, and my hands never get clammy. I got my own quiet little office to make the call, which was great, nobody could hear me practicing my name and the different intonation possibilities my prepared introduction. How embarassing, the call may or may not have been recorded for "training purposes" as well. As if the staff don't have a riotous laugh at staff parties playing back all the retarded phone calls they get in day.

Anyway, it went very well and I passed the phone interview. Yay! Now I've been shortlisted and have been invited to attend a further assessment/selection day. There, we'll get a tour of the offices, have a face to face interview, do some role playing (not that kind ;) and then even get to listen in on some calls. Excellent. I'm gonna totally kick ass at the role play part.

Alas, this assessment day isn't until Sep. 3, so I think I get another two weeks to sit and contemplate the world. The temp agency is going to see if there's any work I can do in the meantime to earn my keep. Actually, I have enough money at the moment to not really worry, but I'd like to be able to afford my lattes again.

*Sniff*

I miss coffee!

No comments: