Thursday, August 07, 2008

Today marks the end of our first week in England. I would say I have mixed feelings about being here, but in all honesty, I don't. I love it. I love that I am becoming human again; my sense of humor is returning, my sense of appreciation for things, my gratitude. My four years in Taiwan have quickly faded to the back of my memory and now seem like a distant, bad dream that I'm slowly waking from.

I've posted some pics on my facebook account of our stay so far. If you're reading this but not yet a member of facebook and want to see the pictures, you should go to facebook.com, sign up and then add me as a friend. Sorry, but I just can't be bothered to add the nearly 100 pictures to this blog, as I can only add five at a time and the process would literally take hours to do.

It's been off and on weather wise. Today it's sunny and brilliant, but the weather is coastal and temperate and moves rather more quickly than I'm used to. Last night we experienced a downpour of tropical proportions, and it was bloody brilliant to have cold rain as opposed to the hot rain I'm used to.

We're on our way now to browse some of the funky shops in the North Laines to replace some of the clothing we left behind at the Taiwan airport. I haven't yet given a full account of what went down on our trip over here, but I will soon. We've just been too busy relaxing and washing off the Taiwan for me to bother with doing things on the computer.

2 comments:

SWD said...

Hey Cody,

I am soooo glad you are enjoying Brighton. It too felt like home the first day I got there having never known about it or expected to land there when I flew to London so many years ago now!

Natalia and I were just discussing how easy it was to walk around town as everything is so close! Your pictures and comments are bringing back so many wonderful memories for me. What street do you guys live on? We were trying to figure out what part of Brighton you are in exactly.

Oh how I miss Marks& Spenser, Habitat, Waitrose, Boots and so much more. Especially the seafront where my flat was. Never thought I could love a pebble beach so much.

Keep the comments coming, but enjoy as well. The vibe of positiveness doesnt seem to wear off there!!

Take care!
Sam

Magda said...

Hey.. when you post pics on Facebook it gives you privacy options.. so you can share the pictures and the link with anyone off of Facebook.. just add the link to the pictures in your blog and people should be able to look at them without signing up for Facebook.. they just can't leave comments.