Wednesday, July 30, 2008

almost on our way

I'm trying to take my mind off of things by blogging a bit. I'm waiting for Rob to finish getting ready, we're heading out the door soon to go down to the police department. Rob and I both have to pay our overstay fines and avoid getting put in jail. Just kidding; many people overstay their visas and out of everyone I know that has done it, only one of them has gone to jail. But he was a special case and overstayed by six years. Dumb ass.

Then we get to exchange our Taiwan dollars into British pounds, have lunch, then hop in a cab for the airport and we're off!

Cathay Pacific went and changed their baggage handling policies last minute, so it looks like we might end up paying a tremendous amount of money for the privilege of bringing an extra bag each. I'm crossing my fingers it's not too much. The hard part is they don't disclose on their website how much they'll charge. If I knew it was just a flat fee I would stuff the bags almost to capacity and just pay it. If they're going to weigh it and charge per kilo, then I can start chucking the bottom of the list items, the least important ones. Worst case scenario: they have a zero tolerance policy for overweight and make us repack the bags and send the excess on as freight.

Oh, stomach, stop somersaulting!

No comments: