Thursday, July 24, 2008

Great news: I got my passport, and my visa has the correct dates, and the UK visa officer dude had no questions about my visa overstay. In fact, it was so not an issue that I was tempted in the office to make it one! For all the worrying I did I might as well have just painted my hair grey.

Lesson learned; there is never any good that comes from worrying. As soon as I handed over my passport to the officer, there was absolutely nothing in my power to change anything, so whatever decision was going to be made was beyond my reach, no matter how much worrying I did.

Now, I have to pack. I have a literal mountain of clothes on my living room floor waiting to be organized into four separate bags. The challenge now is to see if I can get each bag to weigh in at under 20kg each. I might have to dump some of my old textbooks :(

Oh, and Rob is walking again. His knee seems to not be shattered, but the baby is still taking a cab to and from work (still manages to walk down the hill for starbucks, though!).

2 comments:

Magda said...

hahah yeah but that's like important.. geez cody don't you understand anything??? chuckle I bet he could get them to deliver it to him ;)

Anonymous said...

I noticed he forgot to mention that it's a 3 kilometre walk to work and only 5 blocks to Starbucks!!