Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good, great, better news

Several shots of good news got tossed at us today.

First, I get to pick up my passport from the UK visa office tomorrow. It looks like Rob was right, as usual, and the fact that I'm overstaying my Taiwan visa was of no consideration to them when granting me a date change on my UK visa.

Second, it looks like we won't have to ship anything to the UK except our computer. We are flying Cathay Pacific from Taipei to Hong Kong, which allows up to two pieces of baggage each, no heavier than 20kg each (but that's only a suggested maximum). We then transfer to British Airways for the Hong Kong to London leg, where we thought we'd be allowed one bag each, not exceeding 23kg. Rob combed the fine print of both airline's baggage policies, and it looks like British Airways respects the baggage policies of other airlines if they are included as a connection on the journey. That means they'll respect Cathay's two bags each policy. This means I don't have to throw out any clothes, WOO HOO!!

Third, the man we are going to stay with in Brighton asked me today, tentatively and apologetically, if it was OK if Rob and I sign a letting contract, as he doesn't know us except through emails and wants to cover his ass. I thought it sweet he should be so timid about it, as the contract is the only thing we absolutely need if we want to get phones right away, or bank accounts. Absolutely exciting.

I suppose this means I actually have to pack now? Nah, I'll leave it to the weekend!

1 comment:

Magda said...

lol DUDE go pack! Any fun goodies you're not taking? lol you computer bits and the like;)